Do you enjoy traveling? The world is full of exciting, wonderful places that inspire games of all kinds. Whether the games are based off of cultures, architecture, historical events, or sports, it's clear that exploring the world has had its effect on games. If only gaming while traveling were easier...
Today's Drop is a ~5 min read!
3 More Major Employees Depart Activision Blizzard
In a recent update with the Activision Blizzard lawsuit, 3 more prominent individuals have left the company. The Diablo 4 director, lead level designer, and WoW designer have all quit and removed themselves from the company. A representative from the company had stated:
"We can confirm Luis Barriga, Jesse McCree, and Jonathan LeCraft are no longer with the company. We have a deep, talented roster of developers already in place and new leaders have been assigned where appropriate. We are confident in our ability to continue progress, deliver amazing experiences to our players, and move forward to ensure a safe, productive work environment for all.”
One of the developers, Jesse McCree, was apparently involved in the infamous 'Cosby Suite' that has taken over the lawsuit news since it had surfaced. Many players have since requested that the characters that were named after him were changed. Currently, there is no information as to whether or not the other two individuals were directly involved in the issues that were mentioned within the lawsuit, however, the company has stated that all three individuals are completely off of their employee roster.
Sentinels Beat Rise within VALORANT NA Stage 3 Challengers Playoffs
Sentinels won against Rise 2:1 in upper bracket quarterfinals of VALORANT Champions Tour 2021: NA Stage 3 Challengers Playoffs. From the onset, the Sentinels secured the lead, defeating their opponents in the first half with a score of 11:1. Rise managed to win two rounds, but it was the maximum they were capable of.
Rise was not going to give up, seizing the advantage at the start of the second map , 5:4. None of the teams managed to win the first half, the score remained 6:6. However, in the second half, Rise simply destroyed the opponent, losing only one round. Unfortunately, the third map didn't turn out to be as intriguing as the second one. Sentinels crushed their opponent 13:4.
Sentinels will meet Team Envy next match. The winner will secure a spot in the VALORANT Champions Tour 2021: Stage 3 Masters - Berlin in mid-September in Germany.
VALORANT Champions Tour 2021: NA Stage 3 Challengers Playoffs takes place from 11th until 15th of August. Best three teams secure spots in VCT 2021: Stage 3 Masters - Berlin.
Pixpil's New RPG Eastward Drop Date Released
The publisher Chucklefish, also behind the mass hit Stardew Valley, has announced a release date for developer Pixpil's new game, Eastward. Fans of the game are all to thrilled considering that the game was initially to be released in late 2020, but was likely affected by pandemic setbacks among other things. The classic pixel art RPG will be released on September 16th, 2021.
The game follows two individuals, John and Sam, as they try their best to make it through a world falling to ruin.
"In the near-future, society is starting to collapse, and the human population is at an all-time low. A deadly toxic presence has spread across the land, destroying and devouring everything in its path.
Those who could escape the miasma flocked to underground villages to start a new life. But for a hardworking miner and a mysterious young girl, the hope of a thriving outside world beckons…
Escape the tyrannical clutches of Sandfill’s subterranean society and join Eastward’s unlikely duo on an exciting adventure to the land above! Discover beautiful yet bizarre settlements and make new friends as you travel across the world by rail."
The art style and RPG story behind the game are very reminiscent of Chucklefish's typical games. The architecture within the game was created with Asian themes in mind, reminiscent of Hong Kong and Shanghai. The story is rich and enticing, and full of moments of triumph, sadness, and emotion that will leave you feeling fulfilled once the game is complete.
The game is currently available on Steam, and you can get 10% off the price if you preorder.
Nintendo Indie Showcase Roundup
Nintendo had more indie games to present as we continue through the second half of the year. While all of the games may not be released this year, there are many games to look forward to. A large variety of games were announced and seven games were immediately released.
- Axiom Verge 2 - The next entry of the critically acclaimed Axiom Verge is a side scrolling metroidvania. The game is a prequel story where it follows a new hero is fighting for her life using the microscopic machines that are also slowing killing her.
- Tetris Effect: Connected - This classic is returning on the Switch with single-player Journey mode, competitive Zone Battle mode, and the cooperative Connected mode. The game will also have cross-platform support as well. The release date will be October 8th, 2021 alongside the Switch (OLED Model) and Metroid Dread.
- Bomb Rush Cyberfunk - An action-adventure game with a graffiti theme. Players grind, paint, and combo their way through a metropolis all with the goal of becoming the All City King. This is planned to be a timed console exclusive in 2022.
- Loop Hero - A popular card-based RPG from Four Quarters and Devolver Digital will be ported to the Switch this Winter. The player crafts a world for a hero to travel through and hopefully survive.
- Eastward - A post-apocalyptic action-adventure RPG featuring puzzles and dungeons arriving next month.
- Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon - The famous Shovel Knight returns this winter as you guide him through an action filled puzzle adventure mashup.
- Metal Slug Tactics - An interesting change to the Metal Slug franchise. A turn-based strategy game with roguelike elements and familiar characters.
- Garden Story - Explore a vibrant island and stop the invasive Rot to rebuild your community as the Guardian of the Grove. Another game available today.
One more day to go, everyone. We're this close to another wonderful weekend!
Daily Drop Credit: Anam, Carmine, Mark, and the Founders.